For this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography of resources related to your selected topic. This paper is not a formal paper but is structured as more of an outline. A title page and a reference page in APA style are required.
For this assignment, please follow these instructions:
- Research and choose articles that discuss and examine a specific health policy that relates to your selected health issue.
- The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to select the most relevant articles (research or evidence-based) from a peer reviewed and reliable journal or source.
- Do not cite or use a website for this assignment.
- Please note: A website is not considered an article. If you select a peer reviewed article published on a web site, use the correct citation. (See section 6.31 and 6.32 of your APA manual.)
- Select five (5) articles from peer-reviewed journals that relate to your chosen issue and specific policy.
- Reference each article in proper APA format and include the following information underneath each reference:
- For each article write:
- 3 -5 sentence summary of the article
- 2 sentences about the purpose of the article
- 2 sentences why the article is credible for your topic
- 2 sentences explaining how you could use the article in your final project
Each annotated bibliography entry should be 250 words. Do not copy/paste the abstract for this assignment.
For an example of an annotated bibliography, please see the OWL website (Links to an external site.).
Expert Solution Preview
An annotated bibliography is a detailed list of sources that provides information about each source’s content and relevance to a specific topic. In this assignment, you are required to create an annotated bibliography related to a health policy and your selected health issue.
To begin, conduct thorough research to identify peer-reviewed articles that discuss and examine the specific health policy in relation to your chosen health issue.
When selecting articles, ensure they are from reliable and peer-reviewed journals or sources. It is important to note that websites should not be used, except for cases where a peer-reviewed article is published on a website. In such cases, you must provide the correct APA citation.
Choose five articles that are most relevant to your topic and specific policy. For each article, create a proper APA reference and include the following information:
1. 3-5 sentence summary of the article: Write a concise summary that captures the main findings and key points of the article. Focus on the key aspects of the health policy and its impact on your chosen health issue.
2. 2 sentences about the purpose of the article: Explain the main objective or purpose of the article. This could include identifying gaps in current health policies, evaluating the effectiveness of existing policies, or proposing new policies to address the health issue.
3. 2 sentences why the article is credible for your topic: Discuss why the article is credible and reliable for your topic. Consider factors such as the author’s expertise, the reputation of the journal, and the use of rigorous research methods.
4. 2 sentences explaining how you could use the article in your final project: Explain how the article can be beneficial for your final project. Discuss how the article’s findings, conclusions, or recommendations align with your own research or contribute to your understanding of the health policy and its impact on the selected health issue.
Each annotated bibliography entry should be 250 words in total. Avoid copying and pasting the abstract for this assignment, as it should be your own summary and analysis of the article’s content.
For reference, you can visit the OWL website to see an example of an annotated bibliography.